Focusing and Sexuality
Focusing and sexuality - my story
Throughout my training in Focusing, I was looking for materials related to the crossing between Focusing and sexuality. I guessed that since Focusing is connected to the therapeutic...
The three ripples of sexual therapy
Patients come seeking sexual therapy not out of pure curiosity, but rather from an edge experience: this is the last refuge after a long period...
Crossing Focusing and sexuality
Why is there no Focusing orientation in sexual therapy?
Why do felt senses in the pelvic area appear so rarely in the natural flow...
Inside and outside
People usually don’t feel comfortable to discuss sexuality even though this is one of the things that occupies us the most. Just like our weight and the money we earn, we don’t talk about it, but we think about it, a lot...
When we talk about passion within a relationship, we focus on quantity: how many times a week do you do it? The number counts, statistics says it all: more or less...
S.H.I.F.T: Sexual Healing in Focusing Therapy
10 zoom sessions for learning and deepening into
sexual issues through focusing.
With Kati Kimchi
The connection between focusing and sexual therapy is a deep personal and professional exploration journey.
S.H.I.F.T is a new connection born out of necessity: the sexual world's need for a delicate and nonjudgmental space, along with the need to aid focusing facilitators holding sexual issues.
S.H.I.F.T course includes 10 online sessions that will help focusing facilitators to connect with issues related to sexuality in their personal life and in a focusing clinic.
During the course we will touch some of the main topics in this type of work and focus on the way they touch our personal lives.
1. The facilitator’s prior assumptions regarding sexuality: The forces and theories from which we operate (conscious and unconscious)
2. Blockages in the process: Motion versus resistance and fear of change
3. The forces at work in the field of sexuality: Polarities, shame, guilt and fear.
4. Concealing versus exposure: Creating a safe space for ourselves, for the clients and for their most hidden parts.
5. Listening to the genitals: A guided exercise to help us stay with a FS in the sexual organs.
6. Demonstration of a guided session
7. Passion: Power, pleasure, and danger
8. Sexual Trauma: What is the difference between the story of the body and the story of the mind.
9. Porn and fantasy: The deep needs behind sexual fantasies
10. Closing Session: Looking into the next step.
I am a Focusing Coordinator (from 2014) who works with man and woman in the realm of sexuality.
For the last 10 years I developed in-depth workshops which gives focusing students the option to be in touch with their own sexual issues and teach focusing practitioners the delicate way of being and listening to sexuality.
I was a Collaborating Coordinator at the Advanced and Certification Weeklong 2020 by TIFI, privileged to facilitate group meetings and run a workshop on Sexual Healing in Focusing Therapy.
This is a professional course for focusing facilitators who are interested in dealing with sexuality through focusing. At least level 1 Focusing or FOT training or equivalent focusing experience is required.
The workshop language is English.
online in Zoom (link will be provided)
Cost and payment:
1000 euros. Includes 10 Zoom meetings lasting 3,5 hour each once a week.
A non-refundable deposit of 100 euros will be paid upon registration.
In case of cancellation, it will be possible to get a refund of 50 % until the third meeting. After the fourth meeting there will be no refunds.
The opening of the course is conditional on pre-registration of 8 participants and is limited to 14 participants..